Why is my collection in domo brick not syncing with the dataset after enabling the sync?

I created a dataset and attached to the app, Enabled the sync from collection to dataset. Ensured that the data types in dataset matches to that of the schema. However, when I add the inputs, the data in the collections ( App DB) is not syncing with the datasets.

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

Sounds like you have already done a few of the main things needed to troubleshoot the issue. You enabled sync and verified the schema.

I recently posted (still viewable as unanswered) about my brick dataset not showing in the brick with the same schema as I see it outside the brick. It is converting decimals to integers. Double check the dataset from the brick interface to see if the schema the brick is using is truly the same.

Have you checked the data for NULLs or invalid values?

1. Check Sync Configuration:
      • Verify that the sync settings between the app's collection and the Domo dataset are configured correctly. Ensure that the sync option is enabled.
    2. Review Data Types and Schema:
      • Confirm that the data types in the collection match exactly with the dataset schema in Domo. Even small discrepancies can cause sync issues.
    3. Inspect Data Integrity:
      • Ensure that the data being entered into the app’s collection does not contain any invalid or unexpected values that might be causing the sync to fail.
    4. Check Sync Logs:
      • Look at any available logs or error messages from the sync process. These logs can provide specific information about what might be going wrong.
    5. Validate Collection Updates:
      • Ensure that the data in the app's collection is being updated correctly. Sometimes the issue might be with the data input process rather than the sync process.
    6. Verify Dataset Permissions:
      • Check that the permissions for the Domo dataset allow for updates from the app’s collection. There might be access restrictions preventing the sync.
    7. Update Sync Settings:
      • Sometimes reconfiguring or re-enabling the sync settings can resolve issues. Try disabling and then re-enabling the sync.
    8. Manual Sync Attempt:
      • If available, try to manually trigger the sync process to see if that resolves the issue.
    9. Data Volume and Sync Frequency:
      • Check if there is a large volume of data that might be causing delays or timeouts. Adjust the sync frequency if necessary.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

Sounds like you have already done a few of the main things needed to troubleshoot the issue. You enabled sync and verified the schema.

I recently posted (still viewable as unanswered) about my brick dataset not showing in the brick with the same schema as I see it outside the brick. It is converting decimals to integers. Double check the dataset from the brick interface to see if the schema the brick is using is truly the same.

Have you checked the data for NULLs or invalid values?

1. Check Sync Configuration:
      • Verify that the sync settings between the app's collection and the Domo dataset are configured correctly. Ensure that the sync option is enabled.
    2. Review Data Types and Schema:
      • Confirm that the data types in the collection match exactly with the dataset schema in Domo. Even small discrepancies can cause sync issues.
    3. Inspect Data Integrity:
      • Ensure that the data being entered into the app’s collection does not contain any invalid or unexpected values that might be causing the sync to fail.
    4. Check Sync Logs:
      • Look at any available logs or error messages from the sync process. These logs can provide specific information about what might be going wrong.
    5. Validate Collection Updates:
      • Ensure that the data in the app's collection is being updated correctly. Sometimes the issue might be with the data input process rather than the sync process.
    6. Verify Dataset Permissions:
      • Check that the permissions for the Domo dataset allow for updates from the app’s collection. There might be access restrictions preventing the sync.
    7. Update Sync Settings:
      • Sometimes reconfiguring or re-enabling the sync settings can resolve issues. Try disabling and then re-enabling the sync.
    8. Manual Sync Attempt:
      • If available, try to manually trigger the sync process to see if that resolves the issue.
    9. Data Volume and Sync Frequency:
      • Check if there is a large volume of data that might be causing delays or timeouts. Adjust the sync frequency if necessary.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **