Can DOMO R or Python help on my request? but I'm not able to find R/Python function...

Options

I'd like to combine 3 type of reports, that is report A, B and C. All of them are daily updated report by the logistics supplier and send to my email as attachments. at the end of month, I will get 30 emails for report A, 30 reports for report B, 30 reports for report C.

I use google script to automatically save the daily attachments in .xlsx onto Google drive files, file A for report A, file B for report B, file C to report C. the google script code is created not by me, I just searched it online and find it workable for my request. I can not adjust and create more code flexibly. I am a google script new hand.

By some certain fields, It is possible to join report A, B, C onto one consolidated report. but this process is manual at the moment.

the question is, can I have the report automatically consolidated by DOMO R / Python script?

because I will use the consolidated report to show dashboard finally on DOMO card. If DOMO can have this kind of coding function, I prefer to use DOMO rather than google script.

I think it should be at ETL there is a script area for me to create code. but I failed to find it pls see the following screenshot.

Best Answers

• Manasi_Panov
    Manasi_Panov Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Lu_zhang ,

If you are inquiring about the location of the Python/R tiles within ETL, it appears that based on the screenshot you provided, you do not have access to them. They should be located under the Scripting section.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

A Python script is a text file containing Python code, with the extension ".py". If you are not familiar with Python as a language, you can use AI to help you. Obviously, running it from within a Domo tile is most useful for Domo integration.

Running a Python script from a batch file looks like this -

Running Python from Visual Code looks like this:

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

I think we need more information about the tables and joins. But it certainly seems like it would be no problem to handle in Python. I have various daily tasks that I perform using Python. My ETLs produce the dataset I need and I use Task Manager and Python to extract them as Excel files to direct paths on our network.

• MichelleH
    Options

@Lu_zhang ETL has Scripting Tiles that you could use to code R and Python within Domo, though your access depends on your instance's subscription.

Here is an article about these tiles: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360045485833?language=en_US

• Lu_zhang
    Lu_zhang Member
    Options

@ArborRose thank you, and could you pls show me where is the function by detailed?

• Manasi_Panov
    Manasi_Panov Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Lu_zhang ,

If you are inquiring about the location of the Python/R tiles within ETL, it appears that based on the screenshot you provided, you do not have access to them. They should be located under the Scripting section.

• Lu_zhang
    Lu_zhang Member
    Options

yes, thank you.

I am requesting access to my company DOMO admin. hope I will get access. thank you.

• ArborRose
    Options

You do not have to have access to the Python tile to use Python with Domo. In my opinion it is a useful skill to learn. You can install Python on your computer and then create code that works by executing it with a batch file. Or use Visual Code (an interface) to access Python.

If you do use Python outside of Domo, to interact with Domo, you should make sure its running from a server that is stationary. Not on a person computer or laptop that moves about.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

A Python script is a text file containing Python code, with the extension ".py". If you are not familiar with Python as a language, you can use AI to help you. Obviously, running it from within a Domo tile is most useful for Domo integration.

Running a Python script from a batch file looks like this -

Running Python from Visual Code looks like this: