How can I create a Beast Mode field which is a variable figure?

Is it possible to create a Beast Mode field which is a variable figure changing month by month without using SQL data transformation? because I am not very good at SQL manipulation, still in learning but need time.

the field is ' top 5 provinces total parcel quantity % ' , which is the SUM (of top 5 provinces for the parcel quantity) to be divided by the total parcel quantity.

raw data is based on parcel. one express number, one row.

I tired beast mode and seems it can not achieve this goal. Is there any other way at the moment which is easy to me? thanks,

Best Answer

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓

You could use the group by tile in MagicETL to create a new column for the most recent completed month (or last 30 days, or whatever period you want to use). Basically you would use the rank/window function to identify the top 5, then calculate their total in the period as a column, calculate the total for the entire period, and then use the Formula tile to divide those 2 columns to generate your % column. You can then use this column inside of Analyzer or in a Beast Mode.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

Answers

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓

You could use the group by tile in MagicETL to create a new column for the most recent completed month (or last 30 days, or whatever period you want to use). Basically you would use the rank/window function to identify the top 5, then calculate their total in the period as a column, calculate the total for the entire period, and then use the Formula tile to divide those 2 columns to generate your % column. You can then use this column inside of Analyzer or in a Beast Mode.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**