Getting Calculated Line to appear on dashboard bar graph card

Options

I have a horizontal bar graph showing percentages. On the graph I have selected to show the average as a calculated line:

When I view the graph full-size, not as part of a dashboard, the line is visible, and it has a label underneath it showing the average value; in this case, it's the red line:

The black line is a goal line, and while it is required I don't think it's relevant here. Like I said, the line is visible for full-size views, but when I display it in a dashboard it disappears. I just discovered that I can get it to appear by increasing the size of the card on the dashboard, but I would like it there regardless of size. Is that possible? Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

@froghunter the average line should be visible as long as the axes are visible. You should be able to get the card pretty small before that happens.

I know it's hard to tell the difference with these images. But one thing you could do is remove the Title, Summary, and Date Grain. This will allow you to get the card about 30% smaller before the axes and average line disappears.

In terms of your question on if there is a way to force it to always be visible, not that I know of using the stock domo card options. The only way I could think of to achieve this would be possibly with a custom visualization or ddx brick. Curious to hear if anyone else knows of a way to achieve this.

I think your best bet is probably adjusting the title/summary/date settings and playing around with your layout to make it fit in a space that still allows the axes and average to show.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

Answers

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

@froghunter the average line should be visible as long as the axes are visible. You should be able to get the card pretty small before that happens.

I know it's hard to tell the difference with these images. But one thing you could do is remove the Title, Summary, and Date Grain. This will allow you to get the card about 30% smaller before the axes and average line disappears.

In terms of your question on if there is a way to force it to always be visible, not that I know of using the stock domo card options. The only way I could think of to achieve this would be possibly with a custom visualization or ddx brick. Curious to hear if anyone else knows of a way to achieve this.

I think your best bet is probably adjusting the title/summary/date settings and playing around with your layout to make it fit in a space that still allows the axes and average to show.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**