Percentage of values in a column

Options

Hello I have a data set with a column name Sale_Type. I want to create a beast mode to use in a table chart that shows the percentage of each sale type in the column. Example of what I am looking for below.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you want the percentages in the same table as the Cust_ID rows, you'll need to use a FIXED function ( https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US ).

If not, I would create a new card without the Cust_ID rows so that you only show Sale_Type, and then use a Beast Mode or format one of the measurement pills to give you the % of total for each Sale_Type.

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Isaiah02 if you do want the percent of total by sale_type in your table, here is an example of a beast mode you could use to achieve this.

SUM(COUNT(Sale_Type)) FIXED (BY Sale_Type)
    /
    SUM(COUNT(Sale_Type)) FIXED()

Example output

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you want the percentages in the same table as the Cust_ID rows, you'll need to use a FIXED function ( https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US ).

If not, I would create a new card without the Cust_ID rows so that you only show Sale_Type, and then use a Beast Mode or format one of the measurement pills to give you the % of total for each Sale_Type.

• david_cunningham
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Isaiah02 if you do want the percent of total by sale_type in your table, here is an example of a beast mode you could use to achieve this.

SUM(COUNT(Sale_Type)) FIXED (BY Sale_Type)
    /
    SUM(COUNT(Sale_Type)) FIXED()

Example output

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**