How do I append data to a designed CARD every day automatically?

Options

I set up a CARD to show warehouse storage location quantity, every morning the 3PL send daily storage location report, I'd like to append the daily data automatically to DOMO from google sheet because 3PL's report is in google sheet format. How can I set up it?

Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is because those are not Google Sheets, those are Excel files stored in Google Drive. Convert them to a Google Sheet and you will be able to find them using discovery in the Google Sheets connector.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

You would connect the data using the google sheets connector: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043436633?language=en_US

Ensure that append is the proper update method for your data. https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430733?language=en_US#:~:text=If%20you%20want%20to%20avoid,already%20exists%20in%20the%20DataSet.

If it is, in the dataset settings, you can set your update method to "Append".

• Lu_zhang
    Options

Here ‘Details’, I failed to find my google sheet, but I am sure I have it..

I tried select discovery, search or spreadsheet ID, none is okay, do you know what the possible problem is?

thanks

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is because those are not Google Sheets, those are Excel files stored in Google Drive. Convert them to a Google Sheet and you will be able to find them using discovery in the Google Sheets connector.

• Lu_zhang
    Options

thank you, i find the google sheet following your reply.

3PL send me daily storage data, in the file, each sheet reflects that day's data, for example, sheet '4.26' reflect 26th April data, sheet '4.25' reflects 25th April data. those sheets are accumulated in one file called 'month to date' storage report with each day's data in different sheet.

I'd like to connect this daily data file with a DOMO designed card to automatically append data to the card.

I have two difficulties:

1. how to distinguish data from different date? In DOMO, by appending data, it will accumulate each day's data without DATE distinguished.
    2. how to append data with the smallest manual workload?

thank you.

• Lu_zhang
    Options

@ColemenWilson

thank you, i find the google sheet following your reply.

3PL send me daily storage data, in the file, each sheet reflects that day's data, for example, sheet '4.26' reflect 26th April data, sheet '4.25' reflects 25th April data. those sheets are accumulated in one file called 'month to date' storage report with each day's data in different sheet.

I'd like to connect this daily data file with a DOMO designed card to automatically append data to the card.

I have two difficulties:

1. how to distinguish data from different date? In DOMO, by appending data, it will accumulate each day's data without DATE distinguished.
    2. how to append data with the smallest manual workload?

thank you.