Combining 2 cards? Trying to find out how to use advertised feature.

Options
HowDoIDomo
HowDoIDomo Contributor

At the 1:15 mark of this ad, the user mentions combining two cards showing different but related data ending with an "overlay" of the 2 visuals at 1:50. But, it didn't go into the specifics of how it was done. Does anyone know what feature would allow this?

https://www.domo.com/learn/video/domo-knows-marketing

As always, thank you in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That's how I interpreted it as well @Sean_Tully

@HowDoIDomo - You can also combine datasets in a dataflow and use the resulting dataset in a single card. Dashboards/stories allow you to arrange cards side by side to effectively "combine" visuals, but cards still exist as independent objects within Domo.

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Options

I interpreted that part of the video as meaning that he has two different cards, each with a different source of data, next to each other on the same page. You can't really "combine" cards.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That's how I interpreted it as well @Sean_Tully

@HowDoIDomo - You can also combine datasets in a dataflow and use the resulting dataset in a single card. Dashboards/stories allow you to arrange cards side by side to effectively "combine" visuals, but cards still exist as independent objects within Domo.

• HowDoIDomo
    HowDoIDomo Contributor
    edited April 15
    Options

Thank you for the information.

@MichelleH You're right. When I rewatched the clip, he hovers over the 3rd "combined" card showing a described datafusion.