Precision Loss With Dataset APIs

Options
etszyingho
etszyingho Member
edited April 12 in APIs & Domo Developer

Hi folks, I'm hoping to get some pointers on getting precise decimal data while using the Dataset export API.

I ran a request to retrieve data for a dataset on my domo instance using the API docs and was able to get my file downloaded onto my notebook. However I'm noticing that the decimal fields seem to only be returning with 2 rounding digits. As a result I'm getting significantly less data when aggregating up for reporting. This is only happening to my metrics reporting in decimals - I'm able to get a match when the data type is integer or reporting in whole numbers.

I'm not seeing the same issue when I use the same dataset to create a card on Domo or when I manually export the data, and it's reporting the accurate figure for decimals.

Is there any workaround for this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In your export, it might be affected by how you have configured the API, or how the data is stored in Domo's dataset. In the Admin > Toolkit there's a schema management tool for adjusting the data structure of a dataset. You may also consider using something like Python to perform your export. I use Python to export my data using scheduled tasks.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In your export, it might be affected by how you have configured the API, or how the data is stored in Domo's dataset. In the Admin > Toolkit there's a schema management tool for adjusting the data structure of a dataset. You may also consider using something like Python to perform your export. I use Python to export my data using scheduled tasks.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **