Is there a way to use the LIKE operator to make it case insensitive, specifically in the ETL?

Options

I have looked through the Community Forum trying to find a way to make LIKE case insensitive. I came across a way using ILIKE in the formula tile, but after trying it I found that it didnt work in the Formula. I am specifically looking for a way in the Filter tile.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. you should be able use the LIKE operator in the filter tile. I would add the LOWER or UPPER function to make it case insensitive. Adding the % sign around your string will make it a wildcard search. Like this:

LOWER(statename) LIKE '%tex%'

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. you should be able use the LIKE operator in the filter tile. I would add the LOWER or UPPER function to make it case insensitive. Adding the % sign around your string will make it a wildcard search. Like this:

LOWER(statename) LIKE '%tex%'

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Options

I think if you wrap the field in UPPER, and the string pattern after LIKE is uppercase, this should accomplish what you want. Works for LOWER and lowercase, too.

• DWill978
    Options

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter, I ended up getting the ILIKE operation to work I forgot to include the % in my quotes. Thank you for the fast response