API string question

Options

I am trying to import data with the Weather Source Connector. I have created an account with the Weather Source company and they have provided me a free trial API.

In the highlighted portion of my screen shot, I am simply just copying and pasting the string of characters that is my API key, but it is failing.

On their website, noticed this note that the header

I do not know what parameter header means or how to add one.

X-API-KEY\[my API key] ?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It appears to be an issue with the connector itself not sending the API token properly. You'll need to log a ticket with Domo support to have them look into it.

You could attempt to leverage the JSON No Code connector and configure it yourself.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited March 21 Answer ✓
    Options

In the JSON No Code connector that Grant describes, you will see some configuration fields for parameters. It might be easier to understand looking there.

When parameters are passed to an API, they are either passed in line, like HTML does it on webpages.

www.mysite.com?param=1

Or they are passed as part of a header…behind the scene so to speak. So its not visible on the URL being called.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It appears to be an issue with the connector itself not sending the API token properly. You'll need to log a ticket with Domo support to have them look into it.

You could attempt to leverage the JSON No Code connector and configure it yourself.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited March 21 Answer ✓
    Options

In the JSON No Code connector that Grant describes, you will see some configuration fields for parameters. It might be easier to understand looking there.

When parameters are passed to an API, they are either passed in line, like HTML does it on webpages.

www.mysite.com?param=1

Or they are passed as part of a header…behind the scene so to speak. So its not visible on the URL being called.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **