Show Subtotal Rows - suddenly not working for my pivot tables

Options

Hello! Previously my pivot table cards have "show subtotal rows" turned on to show the subtotal sum of certain values. I logged in today and realized that all of these pivot tables stopped showing the subtotal row, even though I didn't make any changes. Is this something that I can fix quickly? Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

Did you make modifications to the underlying data? Sometimes your data can affect whether subtotals display.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• learningdomo
    learningdomo Member
    edited March 18
    Options

Data wasn't changed either. The values I was using subtotals on were some simple dollar amount numbers and they are all showing as normal, so the subtotal should still work in this case.

• marcel_luthi
    Options

Do the cards still have the Show Subtotal option selected or has this been deselected by some sort of evil magic? Also when you say subtotals are missing, do you mean the row not showing at all, or the value for a certain column not being totalized at the subtotal level? This could indicate whether is a Dashboard property issue (the checkbox), a Column/Measure configuration (selecting to not show subtotals) or a datatype issue (additional information caused the type of the column to be swapped to one that cannot be totalized anymore, similar to what Ambrose suggested).

Sadly bulk updating card properties is not an easy task but it's doable via CLI and some programming/scripting, however, I'd strongly advise against it as it can be tricky, painful and can potentially break more than what it fixes.

• learningdomo
    learningdomo Member
    edited March 19
    Options

Hi! The Show Subtotal option is still there and checked in the setting. And it is the entire subtotal row missing unfortunately. I may have to try to recreate the same pivot table again to see if the subtotal row will show up again, but this is really bizarre.

Update: I switched Pivot Table to Mega Table and was able to let the subtotal row show temporarily. But if I switch it back to Pivot Table the row disappeared again. So I guess there is some bug at the backend.