Extracting Data from SharePoint Excel spreadsheets

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up financial reporting in Domo. Our FP&A team processes financial data and then stores it in two specific Excel sheets within our SharePoint. I'm looking for the most effective method to extract this data into Domo, creating a dataset that can automatically update with new records each month.

The FP&A team has agreed to adjust the format of the records if necessary to ensure compatibility with Domo, so formatting shouldn't be an obstacle.

Could anyone share insights or best practices on setting up such an extraction process? Are there specific connectors or tools within Domo that are recommended for handling data extraction from SharePoint Excel sheets? Any tips on automating the monthly data pull would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Use Domo Workbench to import (on schedule) Excel spreadsheets. Find the link under admin > tools.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• ArborRose
    Options

https://usosm.domo.com/admin/tooldownloads

The link is down at the bottom and says Tool Downloads. Install Workbench on a computer that is always on and available. You can also import using pydom (Python), but there's no need when Workbench can do it well.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can also use the SharePoint Online Rest Connector to pull in the data. Here's the KB article that explains how to get it set up. https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043436773?language=en_US

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.