Card Sharing

Options

I am having an issue with a card on a dashboard not being visible to select users.

I created the dashboard then subsequent cards and shared users to the dashboard

• Share Permissions

Then after initial launch I added a card. I am getting users reporting that the card I added after the initial launch is not visible

When I go to Share the individual card there are far less people than shared on the dashboard. I was under the assumption that when people are added shared to a dashboard, all cards on said dashboard are shared with them automatically. What am I missing here ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you share a dashboard with users, all the cards on that dashboard inherit the sharing settings of the dashboard by default. So, if you shared the dashboard with a group of users, they should have access to view all the cards on that dashboard.

However, when you add a new card to an already shared dashboard, it doesn't automatically inherit the sharing settings of the dashboard. You need to explicitly share the new card with the same users or groups who have access to the dashboard if you want them to see it.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you share a dashboard with users, all the cards on that dashboard inherit the sharing settings of the dashboard by default. So, if you shared the dashboard with a group of users, they should have access to view all the cards on that dashboard.

However, when you add a new card to an already shared dashboard, it doesn't automatically inherit the sharing settings of the dashboard. You need to explicitly share the new card with the same users or groups who have access to the dashboard if you want them to see it.

• ArborRose
    Options

You may also check to make sure the issue isn't with the cache or dataset access. If the user can't see the dataset, it may not let them see the card. For cache, go to the browser setting and clear cache to make sure that isn't an issue. Although I haven't had that issue recently, when I first used Domo it seemed my cache was affecting my view more than I thought.