Create a pfilter to filter a Report Inventory on a different page

Options

Hello,

Our company has created a Report Inventory Card, Data Catalog Card, and Data Glossary Card. These cards are together on 1 dashboard (dashboard ID: 1212036684) and we have a filter on the dashboard to filter based on any dashboard ID which will then show all reports on the desired dashboard and all the definitions for the metrics. See the image below.

We're trying to create a pfilter that can be added to all our production dashboards in Domo which will redirect the user to our Report Inventory dashboard (dashboard ID: 1212036684) and prefilter it to the dashboard ID from the dashboard the user clicks the link from. Does this make sense and is this possible?

Current Beast Mode

CONCAT('<a href="https://MYCOMPANY.domo.com/page/1212036684?pfilters=[',
'{%22column%22:%22Dashboard%20ID%22,%22operand%22:%22IN%22,%22values%22:[%22',
`Dashboard ID`,
'%22]}',
']" target="_blank">',
'Data Glossary',
'</a>')

The bolded/italicized section is where I think I need to fix this Beast Mode. But I'm unsure where to get the current dashboard ID from.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can’t get access to the current page URL within a beast mode so there isn’t an easy way to dynamically pull it

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can’t get access to the current page URL within a beast mode so there isn’t an easy way to dynamically pull it

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • zacpolin
    Options

@GrantSmith Understood. Thanks for letting me know.

Can pfilters only be used in a beast mode or is there another way they can be used?

Is there a way you can get access to the current page URL within a dataset?

We have an admin dataset that lists all the dashboard IDs. Is there a way to have a card built from that dataset and when we add it to a dashboard, it gets filtered to that dashboard's ID?

What about building something custom in Code Engine? Would this be a viable option to explore?

Thanks!