Khoros connection

Options

Has anyone here experienced with connecting Khoros data to Domo?

I know that it should happen through the API connector and I tried Json No Code connector with the URL and Token I have. But keep getting an error. Hope someone can help here

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assuming your account works….big assumption btw. You should see data selection. Enter your URL. There's an advanced link but it probably shows way over on the right. You can set parameters in advanced.

Based on your comment, I am guessing the account part is okay.

At that point you get to pagination, where the error is happening. This is where is gets a bit complicated and you may need to ask Domo to assist. I'll see if we can work through it here. An API with many records will require paging. It pulls one page, then the next. And you will need to enter the values that correlate with your API.

For example, I have datasets with millions of records. But I can only read a portion at a time. A small set, I may pull at 1K per page. Most of my sets I pull at 10K per page. I set limit for the page size parameter. I enter 1000 or 10000 into the number of items per page. My parameter for page number is "offset". And I start at page 0. Simplified this means, bring over 10k of rows then move over (offset) 10k and pull 10k more rows…until you get to an end.

If that works, you should see a preview.

After that preview, you need to parse. If you have subsets within your API, you may need to break those out like I do by saying set column as nested. In other words, I have a column in my API called items. I click on items and break it out to say that items is my main "stuff"…..treat it like top level. I doubt you have this in your data, but you might. You are just going to have to look at the options and figure which is the correct. First, get yourself to where you see a preview of data.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

I use the Json No Code Connector all the time. What is the error you are getting?

With the Json No Code Connector, you setup an account with access. Then configure with your URL, which should be the end point for the API call. Start with no parameters or something that limits your dataset length as a test.

At that next part…if it sees the API, it should indicate with some kind of preview coming back. If you don't get that preview, you probably have something wrong already.

• Atieh
    Atieh Member
    Options

@ArborRose Hi and thanks for your response!

I am getting error on the parsing step that says in the data preview that says "something went wrong getting data"

I don't know how to resolve this issue and if it is the URL problem or domo issue

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Assuming your account works….big assumption btw. You should see data selection. Enter your URL. There's an advanced link but it probably shows way over on the right. You can set parameters in advanced.

Based on your comment, I am guessing the account part is okay.

At that point you get to pagination, where the error is happening. This is where is gets a bit complicated and you may need to ask Domo to assist. I'll see if we can work through it here. An API with many records will require paging. It pulls one page, then the next. And you will need to enter the values that correlate with your API.

For example, I have datasets with millions of records. But I can only read a portion at a time. A small set, I may pull at 1K per page. Most of my sets I pull at 10K per page. I set limit for the page size parameter. I enter 1000 or 10000 into the number of items per page. My parameter for page number is "offset". And I start at page 0. Simplified this means, bring over 10k of rows then move over (offset) 10k and pull 10k more rows…until you get to an end.

If that works, you should see a preview.

After that preview, you need to parse. If you have subsets within your API, you may need to break those out like I do by saying set column as nested. In other words, I have a column in my API called items. I click on items and break it out to say that items is my main "stuff"…..treat it like top level. I doubt you have this in your data, but you might. You are just going to have to look at the options and figure which is the correct. First, get yourself to where you see a preview of data.

• ArborRose
    Options

Oh..btw…I have gotten that error when my values were not wrong. Clicking the icon is like a refresh. Once or twice it was just a hiccup.

• Atieh
    Atieh Member
    Options

Thanks @ArborRose !

I tried what you said and refreshed several times but getting the same error again and again and again

• ArborRose
    Options

Apologies for not following up. I got hit with Covid and I'm barely functioning.

If you were able to get a preview, then your account should be working. I would look at how the paging is setup. You can try to debug using Postman, but I'm not familiar enough to help you. The browser also has a console which can be used to debug the error.