Drill down to zip code map not filtering to rest of dash

Options

Hi All,

I've successfully created a drill down U.S. map card that takes you to zip code level. However, when zip code is clicked the rest of the dash is not updating. But when I click other cards on dash the drill down U.S. map is being filtered. What am I doing wrong?

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

For filters, make sure all cards use the same dataset and have a common field. Example, if "Sales Rep" is your filter, make sure all cards have "Sales Rep" and that its the same data field in the set behind. It can also be part of a subset.

In my case, I have a main set of transactions. If I join transactions with another dataset I can also filter on that dataset to affect an output.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    Options

There are a couple of things that could be going on, a couple of things I'd suggest you to check first:

• When you click on the zip on your card, is the zip code added to the list of filters at the top?
    • Is the ZIP code column name present with the exact same name on all the datasets used in the dashboard?

Remember that what will happen when you click on a card is controlled by the Interactions options and default for most card is to use them as filters and from there you can select which cards should be affected for a more granular control.

Hope this helps.

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

If I enable to apply to all cards, then I lose the drill in place function I want. Yes, all names are the same, However the zip, once clicked, is not listed to the top.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

For filters, make sure all cards use the same dataset and have a common field. Example, if "Sales Rep" is your filter, make sure all cards have "Sales Rep" and that its the same data field in the set behind. It can also be part of a subset.

In my case, I have a main set of transactions. If I join transactions with another dataset I can also filter on that dataset to affect an output.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **