Mapbox Pick List Brick Works in Preview but Not When Saved

Options

Hello!

I installed the Mapbox Pick List Brick app and adapted the code with a custom dataset. When I use this code in the editor, it runs and works in the preview without issue. Once I save it, the map and list elements fail to load.

I copied my code to Fiddle for reference: https://jsfiddle.net/sam_n_cinci/w05qLamh/1/

The gif shows what I see when I'm building and previewing the app.

Once saved, it looks like this image and nothing I do will make it work again in the editor or once it's saved. I have to delete the card and completely re-create the app to even get it to work in the editor preview.

Any insight is appreciated!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That’s what I’m referring to. You see there’s an error where the mapbox token variable is undefined. Have you defined it yet?

Also there appears to be an issue with a forEach loop. If you click on the error file name it should show you where the issue is occurring. I’d start looking into both of those errors

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

If you inspect network traffic are there any errors that are being thrown in the console?

• sam-n-cinci
    sam-n-cinci Member
    edited March 3
    Options

Found quite a few errors, as seen here. I'm relatively new to this kind of development, is this what you were referencing?

• sam-n-cinci
    Options

What's odd is that I have another card very similar to this one, using the same dataset, same libraries, and showing the same errors, but it does work after I save it and can be used and navigated within.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

That’s what I’m referring to. You see there’s an error where the mapbox token variable is undefined. Have you defined it yet?

Also there appears to be an issue with a forEach loop. If you click on the error file name it should show you where the issue is occurring. I’d start looking into both of those errors

• sam-n-cinci
    Options

I had the mapbox token in plain text vs a variable to load the map element. I left that, but added a variable for it at the top and it worked! Thank you for your help! I will definitely be checking for console errors in the future