Possible to Connect Domo Card within Excel?

Options

I presently use the function of connecting data sets within excel. However, is there a way to connect an existing card to excel?

I have a large data set that will take awhile to refresh in excel. The only solution I've seen is to create a modified data set using filter in an ETL.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@mmisky87 - Are you trying to get data from Domo to Excel or from Excel to Domo? I am thinking you are trying to get data from Domo into Excel, based on your screenshot.

It seems as though you may need to use the new Office Plug-in to achieve this.

https://www.domo.com/business-apps/add-ins

It can be confusing with all the legacy tools, but the newest one does a LOT more. Here are some screenshots so you can see the difference and know when you are on the tool I suspect you want.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

If your Excel file is stored in OneDrive or your company's Office365/SharePoint system, you can use the OneDrive connector or the SharePoint Online connector to have it directly connected to a card.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ArborRose
    Options

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. You can easily import an Excel file into Domo through the file upload. Or use Domo Workbench to schedule an upload/update to a Domo dataset. I'm not sure all the ways to extract. I use Python to extract a dataset out to Excel. Using this method, you can bring large datasets together, manipulate them in Domo, and extract if needed or display on a card.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• ArborRose
    Options

@mmisky87 - I'm not much of a Python programmer btw. The method I use to export is quite easy. Install Python on the computer. Schedule a task that executes a small piece of python code (text file). In the code, the dataset identifier is given, and the export file path and name. Happy to share the code if needed.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@mmisky87 - Are you trying to get data from Domo to Excel or from Excel to Domo? I am thinking you are trying to get data from Domo into Excel, based on your screenshot.

It seems as though you may need to use the new Office Plug-in to achieve this.

https://www.domo.com/business-apps/add-ins

It can be confusing with all the legacy tools, but the newest one does a LOT more. Here are some screenshots so you can see the difference and know when you are on the tool I suspect you want.

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • mmisky87
    mmisky87 Member
    edited February 27
    Options

Thank you all for the help, I was not specific enough in what I was trying to accomplish.

I was trying to embed Domo's card data into Excel. Update the Domo connecter was exactly what I needed.

Thank you @DataMaven

• DataMaven
    Options

@mmisky87 - Thank you for marking as a solution!

DataMaven