Date Formatting in Tables/Charts

Options

Hello,
I am new to domo so hoping this is pretty basic to update. My date columns come in the following format "Jan 23, 2024" in my raw data. When I pick my date fields in any cards it only shows the year 2024. In some cases I will want columns or rows to be months or possibly days or weeks. How am I able to pull other parts of my date to use other than the year? Thanks! Sam

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SamanthaC, it depends on the card you're using. Two things might control how the dates are displayed.

1. If you're using that date field to graph by it, then check the Graph By option and make sure you have it at the granularity you want.
    2. If this is just a column on a table or similar, you can control how to format it, from the menu on the field, selecting Format and then Date and how to present it.

With the last one you can show only a part of the date, like only the month or the like.

Hope this helps.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SamanthaC, it depends on the card you're using. Two things might control how the dates are displayed.

1. If you're using that date field to graph by it, then check the Graph By option and make sure you have it at the granularity you want.
    2. If this is just a column on a table or similar, you can control how to format it, from the menu on the field, selecting Format and then Date and how to present it.

With the last one you can show only a part of the date, like only the month or the like.

Hope this helps.

• SamanthaC
    Options

Thanks so much! That definitely helped!