Inline Editing Problem

Options
gbrown
gbrown Member

I am trying to use the inline editing app to make changes to a row via multiple choice options. Everything seems to work fine until the input dataset updates over night and basically resets the column essentially erasing all inline edit inputs/changes. How can I resolve this?

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This sounds like a bug with Inline Editor. I'd recommend logging a ticket with Domo Support to have them investigate the code on their end.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would also add that when we used Inline Editing, if you hide columns as part of the editor configuration, it physically deletes the columns from the backend dataset when I don't think it should. It causes a rewrite of the entire table schema and ruins the upsert keys defined on the datasets tied to the editor.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This sounds like a bug with Inline Editor. I'd recommend logging a ticket with Domo Support to have them investigate the code on their end.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DomoDork
    DomoDork Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would also add that when we used Inline Editing, if you hide columns as part of the editor configuration, it physically deletes the columns from the backend dataset when I don't think it should. It causes a rewrite of the entire table schema and ruins the upsert keys defined on the datasets tied to the editor.

• Roux_Loise
    Options

Hello, did you find a solution for the Inline Editor ? I have the same issue and I already raised a ticket without answer for the moment !