Extracting multiple phone numbers from a text field

Options

I am trying to find a way to extract phone numbers from a text column. Each phone number is in a simple XXXXXXXXXX format, but each line can contain up to four phone numbers (ex. 4381258956 NA, 9378123287 NIS). I am able to use regexp_replace to extract one phone number, but I am wondering if there is a clean way to pull the remaining phone numbers

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

If there is always a comma between values, you can use the concepts in this video to break them up dynamically and each phone number will be a row. At the end, I would suggest using the function STR_DIGITS() in the formula tile to remove all non-numeric characters.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since each phone number is in the format XXXXXXXXXX, you can try \b\d{10}\b as a regular expression. This should match 10 digits surrounded by word boundaries.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

If there is always a comma between values, you can use the concepts in this video to break them up dynamically and each phone number will be a row. At the end, I would suggest using the function STR_DIGITS() in the formula tile to remove all non-numeric characters.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since each phone number is in the format XXXXXXXXXX, you can try \b\d{10}\b as a regular expression. This should match 10 digits surrounded by word boundaries.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **