Alert Options

Options

Is there a way to set up alerts to notify me if

1. The alert has not fired in 72 hours
  2. The alert has errors and is therefore not firing

Right now, it appears the only email notifications I can set up are how often the alert is triggered. I would also like to be alerted when I need to fix something.

I know that I can set an alert if there is no new data in a dataset for 72+ hours, but that is a less ideal solution to me because this alert is triggering when a Workflow runs—which only runs when certain conditions in the dataset are met. I want to track the status of the Workflow, not the status of the dataset.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Domo, you can set up alerts to notify you if the alert has not fired in 72 hours or if there are errors preventing it from firing. Here's how you can do it:

1. Setting up Alerts for Non-Firing:
      • Go to the page where you have set up the alert.
      • Click on the alert you want to modify.
      • Look for the option to set up a schedule or frequency for the alert.
      • Set the frequency to "Every 72 hours" or similar.
      • Save the alert settings.
    2. Setting up Alerts for Errors:
      • Domo should provide options to configure alerts based on errors. This could be part of the alert setup process or a separate setting in your Domo account.
      • Typically, you would configure error alerts to trigger whenever the alert fails to execute due to any errors.
      • This might involve selecting a checkbox or option during the alert setup process to enable error notifications.
    3. Email Notifications for Alerts:
      • Domo allows users to receive email notifications for alerts.
      • Ensure that your email address is set up correctly in your Domo account settings to receive these notifications.
      • You might need to configure email notifications specifically for non-firing alerts and error alerts.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Domo, you can set up alerts to notify you if the alert has not fired in 72 hours or if there are errors preventing it from firing. Here's how you can do it:

1. Setting up Alerts for Non-Firing:
      • Go to the page where you have set up the alert.
      • Click on the alert you want to modify.
      • Look for the option to set up a schedule or frequency for the alert.
      • Set the frequency to "Every 72 hours" or similar.
      • Save the alert settings.
    2. Setting up Alerts for Errors:
      • Domo should provide options to configure alerts based on errors. This could be part of the alert setup process or a separate setting in your Domo account.
      • Typically, you would configure error alerts to trigger whenever the alert fails to execute due to any errors.
      • This might involve selecting a checkbox or option during the alert setup process to enable error notifications.
    3. Email Notifications for Alerts:
      • Domo allows users to receive email notifications for alerts.
      • Ensure that your email address is set up correctly in your Domo account settings to receive these notifications.
      • You might need to configure email notifications specifically for non-firing alerts and error alerts.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **