Goggle Sheets - Can a single cell be accessed and used?

Options

I have a google sheet of goals that has a calculated cell that sums all in the column.

Is there a way to access this number and use it?

I have another dataset that gives me actual sales, and I want to use a filled gauge that shows actual to Goal.

thanks,

Brian

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is an example of how I brought a specific cell into Domo:

Here is what my google sheet looks like and I want the green highlighted value in cell E2

This is how I would setup my connection to the google sheet in Domo:

Output:

Alternatively, if you are bringing in the entire sheet, you need some way to point to that cell. Generally you would use a case statement or filter tile to return the value you are looking for from the column. So if your data was formatted like the below, then you would create a case statement.

Something like this:
    MAX(CASE WHEN `Total` = 'Total' THEN `Org #` END)

Which would return the value 3 highlighted in dark purple above.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 14
    Options

Yes. You can use the Google Sheets connector to connect to the sheet. You could bring in all the data for that sheet and in an ETL pull the specific cell you are looking for, or choose a specific range (in this case just the cell and a cell to the left or above it as the header) to pull in. https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043436633?language=en_US

• user04612
    Options

I am pretty new to this so please bear with me… I have the input dataset google sheet set up in my etl…..

but do not know how to access a specific cell's value

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is an example of how I brought a specific cell into Domo:

Here is what my google sheet looks like and I want the green highlighted value in cell E2

This is how I would setup my connection to the google sheet in Domo:

Output:

Alternatively, if you are bringing in the entire sheet, you need some way to point to that cell. Generally you would use a case statement or filter tile to return the value you are looking for from the column. So if your data was formatted like the below, then you would create a case statement.

Something like this:
    MAX(CASE WHEN `Total` = 'Total' THEN `Org #` END)

Which would return the value 3 highlighted in dark purple above.

• user04612
    Options

thanks a bunch Coleman!

I Very much appreciate the excellent explanations with screenshots!