Considerations for migrating Salesforce to a new org

Options

Our company uses the Salesforce connector and we bring Salesforce data into Domo with over 200 reports, flows and cards using this data.

Our company was acquired and we are being asked to evaluate migrating into the parent company's Salesforce org. The Domo dependencies are one of our bigger concerns. We have a consultant who is planning the migration of Salesforce metadata and data.

Our assumption is that all objects, fields and data will be migrated to the new Salesforce org. I am trying to understand the work required to re-connect our Domo datasets once they are in the new org.

Does anyone have experience with a Salesforce migration while preserving the Domo datasets?

We aren't sure if we should plan on allocating time to evaluate and revise each of our 200+ components, or if there is a quicker path. Such as using a transform to correlate the old Salesforce record ID's to the new ID's, and keep the rest of our configuration mostly un-changed.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Whoa. I feel for you. I really do. I used Salesforce many years ago after a company acquisition. But I did not have to migrate, it was a fresh start for me with the new company. I hope someone can add some good advice.

I think you're going to have to do all the data mapping for the new organization first. Such as identifying differences, fields, and structures. Create some kind of data map outline.

Then you might ask if Domo support can help with Domo connector migration. If you have 200 reports, I assume there's a lot of connectors to go through. They might be able to script it somehow on the back end. It will require updating the credentials to authenticate to the new organization. I don't know any way to access the record ids from the user side. But Domo may be able to assist.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Whoa. I feel for you. I really do. I used Salesforce many years ago after a company acquisition. But I did not have to migrate, it was a fresh start for me with the new company. I hope someone can add some good advice.

I think you're going to have to do all the data mapping for the new organization first. Such as identifying differences, fields, and structures. Create some kind of data map outline.

Then you might ask if Domo support can help with Domo connector migration. If you have 200 reports, I assume there's a lot of connectors to go through. They might be able to script it somehow on the back end. It will require updating the credentials to authenticate to the new organization. I don't know any way to access the record ids from the user side. But Domo may be able to assist.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **