Alert dataset

Options

I have created a workflow (with you help…thanks again) and it works great; however, the field that is changed currently does not show up in any of the stats/system datasets. The alert does not show up in the "Alert dataset" either.

Just wanted to know if there is anything I need to do to have the cards that has been changed (or the field changed on a card as a result of the workflow) show up in one of the system datasets (alert dataset would be great) so that I can create a card.

Best Answer

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you're just wanting to understand what cards were manipulated by your workflow, I'd have your workflow include a step to log records to either a dataset or an AppDB collection. I'm not aware of a dataset that is constructed by alerts firing. I'd imagine the 34 rows correlate to your 34 alerts.

I may be able to provide better guidance if I understood better the problem you're trying to solve. Are you trying to build a card that shows you all the cards that a workflow manipulated?

Answers

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Options

I'm not quite sure I follow. Can you give a little more detail?

• ColemenWilson
    Options

There is a Domo Governance dataset called "Card Fields and Beast Modes" that shows all of the fields used in the cards in your instance. https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360056318074?language=en_US

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

With the workflow we are changing the ability to drill down to the core data from the card (Prevent drilling to final grid view) for users. My workflow used an API to update the card, example below. So, since this element is not in a dataset, I can't create a card displaying if any changes were made. So, we get the alerts but I need to be able to show it in a card. Does that make sense?

Example: const url = /api/content/v1/cards/${cardId}

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

To clarify I guess I am just looking for Alert History dataset, which would include the CardID, and the change data or description, etc. whatever is maintained in the 'Alert History'; see below.

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Options

So you're just wanting to have a dataset that shows you all the cards that were manipulated by your workflow?

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

Yes. We have a 'Alert' dataset but it must not be the correct one, as it only has 34 rows and runs daily; we have a lot of alerts. Sorry I am new to the product, so these question maybe basic, but I don't know where I can find the info.

According to some conversations (see below) not sure if this exists, but I think the second link refers to a dataset that should be created with the alert history.

Either way, appreciate the help :)

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you're just wanting to understand what cards were manipulated by your workflow, I'd have your workflow include a step to log records to either a dataset or an AppDB collection. I'm not aware of a dataset that is constructed by alerts firing. I'd imagine the 34 rows correlate to your 34 alerts.

I may be able to provide better guidance if I understood better the problem you're trying to solve. Are you trying to build a card that shows you all the cards that a workflow manipulated?

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

Yes. That is exactly what I am looking for.