beast mode

Options
newbie123
newbie123 Member
edited February 6 in Beast Mode

Hi community, I'm new to domo and need some help. I have a simple data set (see below). I want to only view rows that have an order date. if it's blank, i don't to see it. I was hoping to use the filter but I can't figure out how to exclude blank dates, i only get options to filter by various date ranges.

Or, what would be the syntax to create another column labeled 'status' that shows 'incomplete' if the order date is blank and 'complete' if there is a date?

How could I use beast mode to do accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

order number

item

order date

order total

status

Widget

$105.47

incomplete

Widget

$105.17

incomplete

Widget

$46.69

incomplete

Gear

5/21/2020

$251.40

complete

Gear

5/21/2020

$267.95

complete

Gear

5/21/2020

$250.00

complete

Gear

5/21/2020

$339.79

complete

Gear

5/21/2020

$249.70

complete

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@newbie123 You use a case statement to check whether the order date field is null like this:

case when `order date` is null then 'incomplete' else 'complete' end

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with @MichelleH , you would then use the new field as a filter on the card and select IN complete.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@newbie123 You use a case statement to check whether the order date field is null like this:

case when `order date` is null then 'incomplete' else 'complete' end

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with @MichelleH , you would then use the new field as a filter on the card and select IN complete.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• newbie123
    Options

Thank you so much!!!

• newbie123
    Options

@ColemenWilson thats exactly what I was going after as well. since I wasn't able to use the date column to filter out blanks, I could use the new column I created and filter out using that way. @MichelleH thank you both!!