Error Log for Workflows

Options

How can I find the error log when I get an error in deploying workflow? See below:

Failed to deploy to workflow engine, see logs for more details. Message: Command
'CREATE' rejected with code 'INVALID_ARGUMENT': Expected to deploy new
resources, but encountered the following errors:
'134824e9-4fd1-424f-8ae5-125309d94f45.bpmn': - Element: lYPkPChBcDJRudM >
extensionElements > ioMapping > input - ERROR: failed to parse expression
' ': Expected (ifOp | forOp | quantifiedOp | disjunction):1:2, found
""

Answers

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Contributor
    Options

When you validate your workflow, do you encounter any validation issues?

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

No validation issues.

• Kathy_Zyn
    Options

Please provide guidance if you can. When I ran validation, I did not get any errors, but when I try to deploy, I am getting this error:

Failed to deploy to workflow engine, see logs for more details. Message: Command 'CREATE' rejected with code 'INVALID_ARGUMENT': Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors:
    '221e9c96-11e2-4fa1-af99-dbbf64aba1cd.bpmn': - Element: rootNode > extensionElements > ioMapping > output
    - ERROR: Expected path expression '"be211ea5-e0cc-452f-8fd3-5422cba49581"' but doesn't match the pattern '[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_](.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_])*'.

• JasonAltenburg
    Options

I am encountering a similar error message during attempted deployment, with no validation issues. Was there any resolution to this issue?

Failed to deploy to workflow engine, see logs for more details. Message: Command 'CREATE' rejected with code 'INVALID_ARGUMENT': Expected to deploy new resources, but encountered the following errors: '9d9e3c19-6cb4-4fff-a582-230e2df71337.bpmn': - Element: ZwGnnasPpfKhkRO > extensionElements > ioMapping > output - ERROR: Expected path expression '{}' but doesn't match the pattern '[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_]*(\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_]*)*'. - Element: ZwGnnasPpfKhkRO > extensionElements > ioMapping > output - ERROR: Expected path expression '{}' but doesn't match the pattern '[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_]*(\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_]*)*'.

• JasonAltenburg
    Options

In my instance, I realized that I had added an appendToDataset function, but had not mapped the object as a variable. After clicking the create variable button, my Workflow successfully deployed.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Contributor
    Options

We recently made changes to allow for nulls where appropriate. We are working on either having the Global Functions handle nulls better or setting the ones that cannot handle nulls to not allow nulls. Hopefully that way situations like yours cannot happen. Thanks for the feedback.