Calculation error: Duplicate calculation name

Options

Over the past few days, I've been facing the issue of a calculation error: Duplication calculation name. I believe that other DOMO users might have also be experiencing this issue.

Despite having different datasets, when validating a BM with the same name, a duplication error occurs. This problem started occurring a few days after the latest Domo feature updates. Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SayyedHussain This tends to happen if a (non beast mode) field with the same name has been added to the dataset. Do you know if a field has been added to an upstream dataset that the datasets you're using may have inherited?

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@SayyedHussain This tends to happen if a (non beast mode) field with the same name has been added to the dataset. Do you know if a field has been added to an upstream dataset that the datasets you're using may have inherited?

• Dpliegon
    Options

@SayyedHussain
    Same here.

I'm currently trying to save a beast mode to a new dataset with no cards or beast modes saved.

I understand that this error can stem from the beast mode name being used if the beast mode is saved on the card level. However, this is a brand new dataset with only 2 cards built on it with no beast modes.

This beast mode name IS being used but on a completely different dataset.

The easy solution would be to rename the beast mode, but we are currently in the middle of moving all cards from one dataset to another and re-mapping each beast mode reference would be a pain and I would like to avoid that.