Expire Card Certification if Upstream content loses certification

Options

Card and Data certification are separate processes. Say we have a Card that has passed Certification, and the Dataset that it is sourced from is also certified. Within the certification process you can toggle the "Expire if Edited" so that if a Card or Dataset is edited they will lose certification. (All this is found here on the Certifying Cards and Datasets page)

Here's the question: Is it possible to have the Expiration of Certification cascade downstream to any content?

i.e. If a Dataset loses certification any Card that is powered by it also loses their certification.

Currently the card will remain certified, even though the dataset is now showing as certification expired.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could look into utilizing some of the Domostats tables to at least alert you which cards are tied to a dataset that just lost its certification. Would take some work. I agree that it would be a nice feature to be able to toggle if you want things downstream to be automatically de-certified.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Currently this isn't possible, I'd recommend adding this to the idea exchange.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could look into utilizing some of the Domostats tables to at least alert you which cards are tied to a dataset that just lost its certification. Would take some work. I agree that it would be a nice feature to be able to toggle if you want things downstream to be automatically de-certified.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.