How do you show % increased or decreased in the summary label?

Options

Best Answer

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is not possible to add an x-axis to the Spark Bar (maybe suggest this in the idea exchange?). Alternative:

• You could add it as part of your data label.
    • You could also use the Flex Table, which allows has the same change indicators, but gives more options for labeling the graph.
    • You could achieve a similar summary number on a standard bar chart (where you're actually allowed to have an x-axis). You could do it with HTML formatting and Unicode characters like 🡵 and 🡶. Here's an article with some examples of HTML formatting: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430093?language=en_US

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

To show a % change in a summary number, you'll need to calculate the % change in a beastmode (calculated field). Once you have created the beastmode, you can select it as your summary number value.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Kailin
    Options

How can we show the green one (173.6% increase)?

• ColemenWilson
    edited January 25
    Options

((Last Value - First Value) / First Value) * 100

I don't know the structure of your dataset or what represents your first and last values, but you'll need to create the above logic in a beastmode.

• Kailin
    Options

Hi Coleman,

I understand that beastmode but I want to show that green part… do you know how?

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Do you mean can you make a summary number green? Or how do you create a summary number? The green part is showing already, do you want it to show somewhere else?

• Kailin
    Options

How can I show this?

• Kailin
    Options

I can make a beastmode and get the %. But my question is how to show that arrow (increase) and also when you hover the mouse, you can see the first value and the last value? thank you !!

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Oh I see, this screenshot is not from something you've made. You are trying to recreate it. Here are the steps:

1. Chart Types > Gauges > Multi-value Columns
    2. Set a gauge value
    3. Set a comparison value
    4. Properties > Change Value Options > Value > Percent Change
    5. Properties > Change Value Options > Hover Text > Current Value: %_VALUE
    Previous Value: %_COMPARISON_VALUE

• Kailin
    Options

Hi Coleman,

Yes Coleman, I am sorry I didn't make that card. I want to show that in the summary number position but not as the main chart.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

That is just the chart type. It is called a sparked bar and is found in the "other charts" section:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • ColemenWilson
    Options

@Kailin Ah, yes with the full screenshot I see that that is a different chart type called Spark Bar as @ST_-Superman-_ pointed out.

Chart Types > Other Charts > Spark Bar

• Kailin
    Options

Is there a way I can show an X-axis label in this type of chart? I want to show the fiscal year on the x-axis.

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is not possible to add an x-axis to the Spark Bar (maybe suggest this in the idea exchange?). Alternative:

• You could add it as part of your data label.
    • You could also use the Flex Table, which allows has the same change indicators, but gives more options for labeling the graph.
    • You could achieve a similar summary number on a standard bar chart (where you're actually allowed to have an x-axis). You could do it with HTML formatting and Unicode characters like 🡵 and 🡶. Here's an article with some examples of HTML formatting: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430093?language=en_US

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.