Using pfilters with more than one value

Options
Fatias
Fatias Member
edited January 25 in Beast Mode

Hi, we have this dashboard with several card filters and we want to click in one "button" that would open the same dashboard with all the filters applied.

We know that this is able to do it easily by creating a BeastMode with pfilters as shown here https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430113?language=en_US and in the @MarkSnodgrass video.

However, we are not able to find a way to pass the filters applied when we have more than one value selected for each column. For instance, I have a column "state" with 'New York' and 'South Carolina' selected, but the pfilter BeastMode only passes one of the values (e.g. 'New York') to the other dashboard.

Original Dashboard:

Dashboard opened with pfilter:

We know that this may happen because we are limiting the table to 1 row. But that is what we want, to click in one "button" and pass all the values applied to the filter.

We believe that we would need to built the values component of the pfilters URL dynamically, probably using some Bricks. Any thoughts on this?

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you review the screenshot I included, you will see there are operands included. So you can create the anchor reference to say things like where value in (X, Y, Z), or where value = X or value = Y. The problem to solve is how to gather the responses. I don't use multi-select so I haven't needed that. But here's an AI suggestion for how to gather selected values.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

You can use the IN operand and give it a list of values you want to include in your filter. There's an example of this on the Domo developer website: https://developer.domo.com/portal/buk5zwk1pvjwh-url-parameters-in-embedded-content#pfilters

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ArborRose
    Options

I create a "link" using beast mode using a formula like shown below. First I get out notepad and write out the anchor reference string as if it were written on a web page.

<a href="destination_url">What gets clicked</a>

Then write that all out as if I were passing multiple parameters in a method of something like this….

destination_url?param1=something&param2=somethingelse

Then I substitute fake values such as underscore X underscore. And I pass that over to an online html encoder. When it comes back I get all the encoded crap you see. Then I paste my real variables back in and use it in Domo.

The link I show below in my redacted screenshot, opens in a new page. Remove the target blank code to change the URL without opening in a new tab. The second redacted value in my screenshot is the unique value of your dashboard….seen in the URL line when looking at it.

• ArborRose
    Options

I create a "link" using beast mode using a formula like shown below. First I get out notepad and write out the anchor reference string as if it were written on a web page.

<a href="destination_url">What gets clicked</a>

Then write that all out as if I were passing multiple parameters in a method of something like this….

Then I substitute fake values such as underscore X underscore. And I pass that over to an online html encoder. When it comes back I get all the encoded crap you see. Then I paste my real variables back in and use it in Domo.

The link I show below in my redacted screenshot, opens in a new page. Remove the target blank code to change the URL without opening in a new tab. The second redacted value in my screenshot is the unique value of your dashboard….seen when you view it i

• ArborRose
    Options

• ArborRose
    Options

I create a "link" using beast mode using a formula. First I get out notepad and write out the anchor reference string as if it were written on a web page.

• Fatias
    Options

@GrantSmith , @ArborRose thanks for the replies.

I may not have been fully clear so I have edited the question with images. We have two values selected for the same column\filter and we need to open the dashboard with all those values that are selected. But it only passes one of the values.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you review the screenshot I included, you will see there are operands included. So you can create the anchor reference to say things like where value in (X, Y, Z), or where value = X or value = Y. The problem to solve is how to gather the responses. I don't use multi-select so I haven't needed that. But here's an AI suggestion for how to gather selected values.