Removing yesterday data from ETL

Options

Good Morning,

I want to remove yesterday, so Day - 1, from our data due to over reporting on the previous day. What ETL tile should I use, I'm thinking there is a formula, but there is also a date tile

Best Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll use a FILTER tile applying that to the date field you want to filter out. Another option is to use a FORMULA tile to create a column that will flag if the date field is yesterday or not CASE WHEN column = TODAY() - 1 THEN 'Yesterday' ELSE 'Not Yesterday' END(or something along that line) and filter at the card/dashboard level, so that way your data will always be complete and you're only narrowing down at the display level.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use a filter tile with a formula and the CURRENT_DATE() function:

`Date` < CURRENT_DATE() - 1

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll use a FILTER tile applying that to the date field you want to filter out. Another option is to use a FORMULA tile to create a column that will flag if the date field is yesterday or not CASE WHEN column = TODAY() - 1 THEN 'Yesterday' ELSE 'Not Yesterday' END(or something along that line) and filter at the card/dashboard level, so that way your data will always be complete and you're only narrowing down at the display level.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use a filter tile with a formula and the CURRENT_DATE() function:

`Date` < CURRENT_DATE() - 1

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**