How to calculate % change between these two years in a beast mode on several columns of data?

Options
pauljames
pauljames Contributor

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answer

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know you are asking for a Beast Mode solution but I hope this is helpful to consider.

One way to do this is to Unpivot your data, then use a beast mode for each year as a column in a pivot table.

Your columns would end up being along the lines of: Metric Label, 2022, 2023

2022 defined as:

CASE WHEN YEAR(`Date`) = '2022' then `Value` else 0 end

2023 defined as:

You'd end up with a table very similar to what you show in your example, and with some tweaking on the coloring and heading rows would likely satisfy the requirement.

Answers

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Options

Hi, what does the underlying data look like?

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know you are asking for a Beast Mode solution but I hope this is helpful to consider.

One way to do this is to Unpivot your data, then use a beast mode for each year as a column in a pivot table.

Your columns would end up being along the lines of: Metric Label, 2022, 2023

2022 defined as:

2023 defined as:

You'd end up with a table very similar to what you show in your example, and with some tweaking on the coloring and heading rows would likely satisfy the requirement.