Smart text format

Options

Hello!

I have a question in regards to formatting smart text in dashboards. Currently I have a timestamp of which a date was last updated, but I only want to keep the date and get rid of the timestamp. Below is a screenshot:

Any advice?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There's only so much you can do with smart text, and even if you are to use the date of last refresh for the Dataset, that might not be the date/time of the latest entry. For things like this I'd do the formatting in a Textbox card, and work either from the _BATCH_LAST_RUN_ or the column that actually contains your data. Then you can use a beast mode like:

CONCAT('Transactions reflected up to: ', DATE_FORMAT(MAX(MAX(`Date Column`) FIXED()),'%Y-%m-%d'))

References: FIXED function, DATE_FORMAT

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There's only so much you can do with smart text, and even if you are to use the date of last refresh for the Dataset, that might not be the date/time of the latest entry. For things like this I'd do the formatting in a Textbox card, and work either from the _BATCH_LAST_RUN_ or the column that actually contains your data. Then you can use a beast mode like:

CONCAT('Transactions reflected up to: ', DATE_FORMAT(MAX(MAX(`Date Column`) FIXED()),'%Y-%m-%d'))

References: FIXED function, DATE_FORMAT