FileMaker data needed to send to DOMO daily

Options

I am working on sending over records from FileMaker each day on a update frequency. I have an API connection between the two sources but am having trouble finding the best possible method to send data to DOMO every 15 minutes. Right now I am using the import method but it will only replace data and not append. As this is not a problem right now, in a year I do not want multiple rows of data to be constantly replaced.

What are some options that I can utilize to make this process as efficient as possible.

Thanks

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Feed the dataset into a magic ETL. Depending if you care about the possible duplicated records or not you can either set the output method on your output dataset as Append to just continually add the rows that were imported. Alternatively if you're using dates or some sort of partition that you'll be overwriting ever time you can utilize the partition output method and define your partition key.

Another method is to utilize a recursive dataflow to overwrite data to do a more upsert method (update the records if the key exists, insert/create a record if it doesn't). There's documentation on this method here:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360057087393?language=en_US

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Feed the dataset into a magic ETL. Depending if you care about the possible duplicated records or not you can either set the output method on your output dataset as Append to just continually add the rows that were imported. Alternatively if you're using dates or some sort of partition that you'll be overwriting ever time you can utilize the partition output method and define your partition key.

Another method is to utilize a recursive dataflow to overwrite data to do a more upsert method (update the records if the key exists, insert/create a record if it doesn't). There's documentation on this method here:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360057087393?language=en_US

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**