Multi-Value Gauge Showing 0 Change

Options

I'm working with a dataset that is organized by date and account name and for each date and account name, there is a total number of subscribers. I'm trying to show the total number of subscribers over all accounts for yesterday and the value change from the day before. The value for yesterday is there but the value change is just showing 0. Here are my settings:

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The issue is your date range filter is set to Yesterday. That means it will only return 1 day and likely 1 row if you have 1 row per day. If you want to compare yesterday to the day before yesterday, set your date range filter to Last 3 Days. Then sort by date descending. This will make the day before yesterday as the last value and yesterday as the penultimate value. You can then configure the gauge to look at those values and you should see a change.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• lbg3222
    Options

Also, I have ensured that there is, in fact, a value change between yesterday and the day before yesterday

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The issue is your date range filter is set to Yesterday. That means it will only return 1 day and likely 1 row if you have 1 row per day. If you want to compare yesterday to the day before yesterday, set your date range filter to Last 3 Days. Then sort by date descending. This will make the day before yesterday as the last value and yesterday as the penultimate value. You can then configure the gauge to look at those values and you should see a change.

• lbg3222
    Options

@MarkSnodgrass I made this change and my value changed from 790 to 792 with a value change of +2. 790 was the accurate count for yesterday's subscribers. So, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong now.

• A couple things to try. Add ReportDate into the Optional Group By. Also, try changing Data from Last and X Periods Ago to Last 2 Values.

• lbg3222
    Options

Looks like the ReportDate just needed to be sorted by Ascending, not Descending.

• Ah that makes some sense if you are using the x Periods Ago rather than the Last 2 Values.

• lbg3222
    Options

Thank you for your help!