Assistance Required with Locking DataSet in DOMO

Options

Hi everyone, I am currently in the process of uploading an Excel dataset to DOMO and am seeking guidance on a specific functionality. My objective is to restrict access to this dataset, ensuring it remains confidential. While I have noticed the option to lock cards in DOMO, I have not yet found a similar feature for locking datasets.

Would anyone be able to provide insights or instructions on how to secure a dataset in DOMO?

Thanks,

Arun

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what you try to achieve. By default any dataset is private until you share it, but sharing a card or dashboard where it's being used will allow users to see it. If the whole idea is to keep the data inside the dataset private, you can do so with PDP rules, something like only allowing visibility of the data to specific users or those that fulfill a condition, but keep in mind that this restriction will also affect the data that will be displayed for them on any card where this dataset is used.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what you try to achieve. By default any dataset is private until you share it, but sharing a card or dashboard where it's being used will allow users to see it. If the whole idea is to keep the data inside the dataset private, you can do so with PDP rules, something like only allowing visibility of the data to specific users or those that fulfill a condition, but keep in mind that this restriction will also affect the data that will be displayed for them on any card where this dataset is used.

• Arun_Ch
    Options

Thank you @marcel_luthi !

• SouravM
    Options

Hi marcel_luthi. Thanks for the response. But I have a similar problem. PDP for datasets is off. But still, users cannot access some cards (dataset is not private - PDP disabled).