Filter field timing out

Options

Hi, have a basic card built and one of the fields I have as a filter. When I click on the Field in the Filters section, the values never load. It just loads and loads, and eventually times out. I have re-built this card from scratch a few times, and sometimes it works but eventually I get back to this same issue of the values not loading when you click the filter (see screenshot).

Any idea why this is happening? This field is used in many cards and those cards do not have this issue.

Thank you

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's hard to say what's going on in the back end.

If you right-click on the webpage you can select Inspect from the drop down

Then you can select the Network tab, select Fetch/XHR from the top and see if any of them are red. You can then select one to see what the error may be.

Does your filter card load if you limit it to 10 records?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

If you inspect the network traffic, are there any errors occurring? Typically, Domo has a timeout of 60 seconds, so if it can't get your data within 60 seconds, it'll fail.

• AO3
    Options

Hi @GrantSmith, thanks for the response. I'm not sure about inspecting network traffic. but I use this field regularly as a filter on other cards (so the same data is being fetched) and it never has a problem.

Anything you think it could be on Domo's end?

• AO3
    Options

@GrantSmith any ideas? Can't seem to get this filter to load

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's hard to say what's going on in the back end.

If you right-click on the webpage you can select Inspect from the drop down

Then you can select the Network tab, select Fetch/XHR from the top and see if any of them are red. You can then select one to see what the error may be.

Does your filter card load if you limit it to 10 records?