Dates Being Filtered with Fixed

Options

I'm using the following FIXED expression in one of my Beast Mode functions. The function is showing the right numbers, but when I try filtering by errorCode, it only shows attempt numbers for days when the errors occurred. I want to see the number of attempts for each day, regardless of whether an error was selected or not.

Attempts
SUM(
SUM(
'attempts'
) FIXED (BY date
FILTER DENY errorCode)
)

This is the standard view when no errors are selected (this shows the daily attempts, errors, and error ratio - the errors are all errorCodes combined). Here it shows numbers for all days, even when there are 0 attempts or errors (as it should):

If I filter by one of the errors, the error numbers are correct, but the visual only shows attempt numbers for days when the errors occurred:

In the end, when filtering by errorCode, I want to show the same attempt numbers for all days from visual 1, with error numbers from visual 2. Is there any way to do this with the FIXED function?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Can you try adding your Error Ratio calculation into the filter deny clause as well?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • braedonr
    Options

@ST_-Superman-_ Thanks for the quick reply. I get an error when trying to put the error ratio calculation in the deny clause.

Here are the actual formulas - might provide a hint as to why.

Attempts:
    SUM(
    SUM(
    CASE
    WHEN … IN(X, Y, Z)
    AND …
    AND …
    THEN 1

ELSE 0
    END
    ) FIXED (BY date
    FILTER DENY errorCode)
    )

Failures:
    SUM(
    CASE
    WHEN … IN(X, Y, Z)
    AND …
    THEN 1
    ELSE 0
    END
    )

Error Ratio:
    SUM(
    CASE
    WHEN … IN(X, Y, Z)
    AND …
    THEN 1
    ELSE 0
    END
    )

/

SUM(
    SUM(
    CASE
    WHEN … IN(X, Y, Z)
    AND …
    AND …
    THEN 1

ELSE 0
    END
    ) FIXED (BY date
    FILTER DENY errorCode)
    )

I get an error when I try putting in the Error Ratio calculation into attempts DENY clause, like so:

SUM(
    SUM(
    CASE
    WHEN … IN(X, Y, Z)
    AND …
    AND …
    THEN 1

ELSE 0
    END
    ) FIXED (BY date
    FILTER DENY errorCode,
    (Above Error Ratio Calculation)