Discrepancy in Filter Responsiveness Across Charts in DOMO Dashboard

Options

Hello everyone, In our DOMO dashboard, which comprises seven charts, we observe that five of these charts appropriately respond to the global 'Businessunit' filter. However, there are two charts that, despite containing the 'Businessunit' field, do not align with the dashboard's overall 'Businessunit' filter settings. This inconsistency requires investigation to ensure uniform filter response across all charts. Can you please let me know if you have suggestions

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, but it could be a beastmode referencing a variable which means you need to add the variable to the card for filtering based off of the beastmode to work. I can't think of anything else that would cause this. I would say reach out to Domo support at this point so they access your instance and look into the issue.

Answers

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

If this is a page filter, you'll need to edit the dashboard, click the wrench on the card that isn't responding and make sure "allow filtering" is selected in Filter Exceptions.

If this is a filter card, you'll need to edit the dashboard, click the wrench icon on the filter card and make sure that all 7 cards on the page are selected in the "change interaction" section.

If neither of those remedy the problem, check to see if the 2 cards use the same dataset as the other cards since column names can vary across datasets.

• Arun_Ch
    Arun_Ch Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you so much Jess!..Really appreciate your help!.. I have done both …But still the issue persists and the column names are the same across both the datasets

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

Are you sure it's a filter? It could be a variable disguised as a filter in which case you'd need to add the variable to each of these 2 cards in analyzer by editing the cards, searching for the businessunit variable in the calculated fields section on the left and checking the "add control to analyzer" option.

If you're certain it's a filter and not a variable, maybe retry some of the things I mentioned in my initial response as sometimes there are caching related delays when making changes to the dashboard so make sure you're refreshing between each dashboard save before trying to filter again.

Are all cards on the dashboard created from the same dataset? Are other filters being used on the dashboard or businessunit the only filter? If there are other filters on the dashboard, do the 2 cards in question respond to those other filters? You should also check the date field being used on the 2 cards by editing the card in analyzer and ensuring the date field being used in the card is a date that has businessunit data associated with it. The only other thing I can think of for you to try is compare the dashboard configuration settings on the cards that work vs the cards that don't there's some discrepancy there that would cause the issue.

• Arun_Ch
    Options

Hi Jess, Businessunit is a beast mode calculation in all the cards

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, but it could be a beastmode referencing a variable which means you need to add the variable to the card for filtering based off of the beastmode to work. I can't think of anything else that would cause this. I would say reach out to Domo support at this point so they access your instance and look into the issue.