How to get Variable textbox to work correctly

Options

I am trying to create a lookup using a variable where the user can type in the ID of a record and then the information for that record will display in a textbox card.

Everything seems to work as expected other than pickheaderId will only search on the first record and not the whole dataset.

Here's my variable calc:

When i search for any other pickheaderid other than the first record pickheaderid:

You can see that the textbox is displaying the first records pickheaderid instead of the address of the pickheaderid im searching for.

When I search for the first records pickheaderid:

It works correctly only for this record.

Does anyone know why the pickheaderid is only looking at the first record and not at others?

Note: I understand that I can just create a filter card and it will do the same thing — but i want to do it this way.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

The text box returns the first record it finds. Since your beast mode is returning just the ID in the ELSE clause you get the first ID.

Remove the ELSE clause from your case statement and then filter your text card so that the value is not null.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

The text box returns the first record it finds. Since your beast mode is returning just the ID in the ELSE clause you get the first ID.

Remove the ELSE clause from your case statement and then filter your text card so that the value is not null.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Airwon
    Options

Sweet that worked! Thanks @GrantSmith