P&L % of sales

Options

Hello,

I have a p&l that breaks out all balances by line item. I am trying to show this cards values as a % of the top line item 'Manufactured'

How would I go about creating this beastmode to do this functionality?

For example: 2023 Jan shows 2.3 for manufactured. If Warranty cost was .5 then I would like to see .5/2.3 on the warranty cost row. 21.7%

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Changing the format for a single row can be tricky, and doing so might have end up behaving unexpectedly for Totals and Subtotals.

You could in theory do this by having a beast mode which you'll use as your value that does the text formatting, something like:

CASE WHEN `Line Item` = 'WARRANTY COST' THEN CONCAT(`part_1`,'/',`part_2`) ELSE `regular_text` END 

Where Part 1 would be whatever formula you use to calculate the .5 and part 2 the formula for the manufactured value (which you'll most likely need to write using FIXED as it'll relate the items from a different Line Item

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Changing the format for a single row can be tricky, and doing so might have end up behaving unexpectedly for Totals and Subtotals.

You could in theory do this by having a beast mode which you'll use as your value that does the text formatting, something like:

CASE WHEN `Line Item` = 'WARRANTY COST' THEN CONCAT(`part_1`,'/',`part_2`) ELSE `regular_text` END 

Where Part 1 would be whatever formula you use to calculate the .5 and part 2 the formula for the manufactured value (which you'll most likely need to write using FIXED as it'll relate the items from a different Line Item