How to add an empty row in my table?

Options
learningdomo
learningdomo Member
edited December 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

Hello! Is there a way to add an empty row in the table? Below is an example of the row names:

Metric 1 (last year)

Metric 2 (this year)

(empty row to separate)

Metric 3 (last year)

Metric 4 (this year)

—I only found this video which is not what I am looking for. I am just looking for a way to separate different section shown with an empty row in the same table in the card. I can't alter my dataset to add in empty rows. Hopefully there is an easier way to add this empty row/divider? Thanks!

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@learningdomo The only way to truly add rows to a table is to add rows to your dataset. If you are just trying to make the table easier to read, I'd recommend adding a beast mode to categorize which rows you want grouped together and use that as a subtotal field.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@learningdomo The only way to truly add rows to a table is to add rows to your dataset. If you are just trying to make the table easier to read, I'd recommend adding a beast mode to categorize which rows you want grouped together and use that as a subtotal field.

• GrantSmith
    Options

Have you thought about splitting your metrics into different tables for visualization instead of putting in a blank line? As @MichelleH mentioned they only way is to add rows to your dataset

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • learningdomo
    Options

@GrantSmith That was actually my original approach, but I do think combining all views together in one table saves more time for the users.