Radio button Filter

Options

Hi,

Is there a way to make the radio button filter always select the current date by default? Or would using a drop down filter be better for the user so that it displays the current days data without the user having to click anything.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze It sounds like you are running into conflicting filters by using both the radio button and the date range filter. When you select a date in the radio button while the card is set to "Today", the card will only include rows from both the selected date AND today, which explains why you are seeing no data returned. In other words, the radio button will not change the date range setting in the card.

What I was suggesting was to remove the radio button altogether since you can expand the card from the dashboard using the arrows in the top right corner to temporarily adjust the filters like in the screenshot below:

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@ColinHaze I'd suggest using the Global Date filter at the top right of your dashboard since it allows you to filter all cards by a relative date (e.g. "Today" or "Yesterday")

• ColinHaze
    Options

I am just creating this filter to only filter a singular card on the dashboard so the global date filter wont work sadly.

• MichelleH
    Options

@ColinHaze Could you use the card's date range settings instead?

• ColinHaze
    Options

MichelleH Thats the first thing I tried but I am trying to allow the card to go back in time by using this date filter so that we can see pervious day data.

• MichelleH
    Options

@ColinHaze What challenges are you running into by changing the date filter on the card? You should be able to see different timeframes if you expand the card from the dashboard view.

• ColinHaze
    Options

MichelleH If I were to select the card and select 'today' in the date range filter and save it. When I select any other day on the radio card it says 'No data in this range' however, when I select this month for the date range on the card then select a date on the radio filter it shows data.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze It sounds like you are running into conflicting filters by using both the radio button and the date range filter. When you select a date in the radio button while the card is set to "Today", the card will only include rows from both the selected date AND today, which explains why you are seeing no data returned. In other words, the radio button will not change the date range setting in the card.

What I was suggesting was to remove the radio button altogether since you can expand the card from the dashboard using the arrows in the top right corner to temporarily adjust the filters like in the screenshot below: