Is there a way to use DropDown Cards to display text or tables?

Options

Hello! I am trying to allow users to select a dropdown for a data dictionary. The idea is to allow users to select the terms they want to understand, and for a description to populate below.

For Example:

When the user selects 'Cost per Session' from the dropdown, I want the card to display the definition directly below (ignore the metric column for this example):

I'm wondering if I should use Drill Paths, or a WebForm or perhaps an App to do this?
I'm keen on keeping the dropdown, but if there is a different way that works similarly I am open to ideas! Perhaps the solution is very simple, and I have overlooked it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

A closing thought: It would be nice if they could use multiple selections, but it is not necessary.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You’ll need a dataset with each metric and definition. You can then use a filter dropdown card to allow the selection of a specific metric. You can then use a table card to display the metric and definition after it’s been filtered

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You’ll need a dataset with each metric and definition. You can then use a filter dropdown card to allow the selection of a specific metric. You can then use a table card to display the metric and definition after it’s been filtered

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • RTData
    Options

Thanks Grant! This worked out great. I am happy to share the outcome below, hopefully it will help others: