Can I show positive (instead of negative) numbers in red?

Options

I have a table that shows YoY comps as a percentage for four different metrics. For three of the metrics, negative is bad and positive is good. For the fourth metric, negative is good and positive is bad. I found the option to "Show Negative Numbers in Red", which works correctly for three of the rows but not the fourth.

Is there a way for me to have only one row be opposite of normal with positive numbers in red?

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alex_K You can do this by adding HTML to your metric in a beast mode like this:

case 
      when `Sales` > 0 then concat('<div style="color: #f00">',`Sales`,'</div>')
      else concat(`Sales`,'')
    end

Here is a knowledge base article on how that works: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043430033?language=en_US

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alex_K Hey there! Have you tried this?

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can actually use color rules to do this and not lose the formatting you are applying to the cell. Create a color rule, select a color and set the opacity to zero, then select the table text to be the text choice in the middle and unselect the apply format to table row.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers