Email Connector for Weekly Email with Multiple Attachments & Updated Date on Attachment Name

Options
lbg3222
lbg3222 Member
edited November 2023 in Connectors

I am trying to set up an email connector that pulls one csv attachment from a weekly email. The email contains 3 attachments, two of which are csv and only one of these is the one I need. Both CSV files contain nearly the same name and the name of the attachments starts with the week of the statement, so it changes weekly. Here is an example:

11-28-23 Statement.csv

11-28-23 Statement Breakdown.csv

I'm running into two issues here, I need the 11-28-23 Statement csv file and next week, the file name will be 12-5-23 Statement. I can't figure out how to incorporate wildcards in the attachment name expression or another alternative to get the correct attachment.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@lbg3222 You can use regex in the Attachment Name Expression field to specify which file you want to import. If you want to keep the file that ends in "Statement.csv" then you can use this: .*Statement\.csv

The ".*" at the beginning acts as a wildcard to allow any date prefix.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@lbg3222 You can use regex in the Attachment Name Expression field to specify which file you want to import. If you want to keep the file that ends in "Statement.csv" then you can use this: .*Statement\.csv

The ".*" at the beginning acts as a wildcard to allow any date prefix.

• lbg3222
    Options

@MichelleH thank you. I'm no longer getting an error on the attachment name but now it's saying the file found is the wrong type. This is likely due to the fact that the pdf file attachment has the same name? Any idea on how to fix this?

• MichelleH
    Options

@lbg3222 Here are a couple things I can think of:

• Verify that your connector is set up to look for a CSV file type
    • Verify that you included the "\.csv" in the attachment name expression

• lbg3222
    Options

@MichelleH yes, I did verify that both of those are set up correctly: