Date Columns is Returning Mixture of Date and Text Formats in the CSV Attachment in Scheduled Report

Options

ISSUE: The date Columns is Returning Mixture of Date and Text Formats in the CSV Attachment in DOMO scheduled Reports.

I need them in text format and the correct should be the (e.g. 11-14-2023 10:00:00).

Some are appearing correctly but some are giving me in date format in the same column (see screenshot). Is this a known issue and is there any work around for this?

Ultimately, reason I’m reformatting is that when not changed, I get returned the “T” (e.g. 11-14-2023T10:00:00) which make it difficult to copy paste the data.

Let me know if clear. Thanks guys.

ETL Date Format:

ETL Change Column Type (did this because I thought it will force the column to be a text):

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried writing the DATE_FORMAT to new columns instead of back to the same column to so if the format changes?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is the datatype on each of these columns before you run them through ETL? Some show hours and minutes, while others show hours, minutes, and seconds.

You can remove the 'T' via a replace formula: replace(`ETD at POL`, 'T', ' ').

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried writing the DATE_FORMAT to new columns instead of back to the same column to so if the format changes?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • arzconci
    Options

Hi Grant. Just tried it. It's returning same issue. I created new column.

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is the datatype on each of these columns before you run them through ETL? Some show hours and minutes, while others show hours, minutes, and seconds.

You can remove the 'T' via a replace formula: replace(`ETD at POL`, 'T', ' ').

• arzconci
    Options

Hi friends - Seems the quality of source data is leading to this issue. This makes the date_format and replace functions not working as expected. Thank you for the help. I used these functions in my other reports related to dates and has worked.