DOMO Date Format

Options

Hi all,

Is it possible to format date to just month and year. Currently when grouping together time series data I use the 1st day of the month e.g. all data in November would be under 01/11/XXXX — I wanted to know if it is possible to have columns in a date format that is Nov XXXX. When I group like this in a view it removes the date format and goes to a string.

Thanks

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nov XXXX isn't a date format, unfortunately. When I want to quickly group dates into a month/year, I use the LAST_DAY() function. You can then use the custom date format in the Card Analyzer to have it display as Nov XXXX or whatever format you like.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

Hi @kav_100 , look into the data operations tile in magicETL. You can create a month of date and year of date columns. Then combine them, then group on this.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nov XXXX isn't a date format, unfortunately. When I want to quickly group dates into a month/year, I use the LAST_DAY() function. You can then use the custom date format in the Card Analyzer to have it display as Nov XXXX or whatever format you like.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.