Dataset Tabs appear to be hidden for some datasets

Options

Hello,

When I click on a specific dataset (for which I have full edit access to) I seem to not see any of the tabs at the top like the overview, data, cards, etc.

I thought maybe I have restricted access but if I manually input in the url "/data/table" after details, I can see all of the data.

Any idea how to bring these tabs back?

Best Answers

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those tabs become inaccessible if the dataset hasn't been accessed in a while. If you scroll all the way down you should see the option to reactivate the full functionality of the dataset:

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The tabs disappear for me, too, when I'm on my tiny laptop or tablet. Both devices only have screen sizes between 11-14 inches. You can play with the display settings on your device to see if that gets the tabs to consistently display, but the only way I can get the tabs back myself is by refreshing page whenever I notice they've disappeared. This issue began for me early last month but I didn't submit to Domo as it's intermittent and doesn't happen when I'm using a larger display. It never used to happen, though, so may be worth submitting to Domo.

• Jmoreno
    Jmoreno Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alright well they replied super quick. Apparently you need to clear your cache and once refreshed it should all come back. I just tried it and it worked.

Answers

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those tabs become inaccessible if the dataset hasn't been accessed in a while. If you scroll all the way down you should see the option to reactivate the full functionality of the dataset:

• Jmoreno
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

I immediately thought it was that as I have seen that for others, but I scrolled all the way to the bottom, even zoomed out as much as I could to make sure and that message does not appear on the screen.

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The tabs disappear for me, too, when I'm on my tiny laptop or tablet. Both devices only have screen sizes between 11-14 inches. You can play with the display settings on your device to see if that gets the tabs to consistently display, but the only way I can get the tabs back myself is by refreshing page whenever I notice they've disappeared. This issue began for me early last month but I didn't submit to Domo as it's intermittent and doesn't happen when I'm using a larger display. It never used to happen, though, so may be worth submitting to Domo.

• Jmoreno
    Options

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket, I will reply here once I get an answer. Thank you for the help @jessdoe

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

Yes please keep me posted @Jmoreno It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this

• Jmoreno
    Jmoreno Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alright well they replied super quick. Apparently you need to clear your cache and once refreshed it should all come back. I just tried it and it worked.

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

Yes, refreshing page has always worked to bring the tabs back but for me, the issue reoccurs the next time I view a dataset. I don't remember if I've cleared temps and cookies since Oct, though. Hopefully doing so will be the trick to resolve this all together. I've too many tabs open to do that right now, though.😅

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

@Jmoreno Thanks for the temps/cookies tip. I found out our IT deletes these automatically on our devices pretty regularly but I finally remembered did it manually today so hoping this is completely resolved going forward. Haven't had the issue since last week though so something's working